November 10 • Madison, Wisconsin
Madison Festivals Inc., enriches our community by bringing together people, businesses and charities.
Volunteers are a vital part of any Madison Festivals event. We couldn’t put on this event without all of our volunteers. We provide financial opportunities to help those in the community who support our events. Qualified organizations include federal, state and local governments (including school districts) and 501(c)(3) organizations organized and operated only for charitable, religious, educational, scientific, or literary purposes, or for the prevention of cruelty to children or animals.
Volunteers are needed in the following areas:
- Aid Stations
- Bike Escorts
- Cheer Zones
- Finish Line
What’s a Bike Escort?
- Bike Escorts have many roles on the course, but ultimately their role is to keep an eye on the athletes. Bike volunteers are split into different responsibility areas – one group stays with the lead runners, one group stays in the middle of the pack, and one group stays with the runners at the end, ensuring no runner gets left behind. Bike volunteers are in constant contact with the headquarters area keeping the staff aware of runner locations, interesting developments, and ensuring injured runners are being taken care of.
- Important items to know about being a bike escort:
- Do I have to be fast? No, you’ll be following along with runners and walkers. It will be a nice leisurely ride for a biker
- How long will I be on my bike? Bike volunteers are needed on the 10k, half, and full courses. The length of time you’re on your bike depends on the course length you are assigned to.
- How old do I need to be? Youth 15 years of age and older that are biking with an adult are welcome to volunteer. Bike volunteering is done great in pairs!
- Bikes/Helmets: Volunteers are required to provide their own bike and bike helmet.
- How do I sign up? Sign up directly with our bike lead Mary Langlie by emailing her at email@example.com and/or fill out the form here: https://www.eventeny.com/events/volunteer/application/?id=4191
Interested in volunteering for a different role at the Madiosn Marathon? Fill out the form HERE and we will be in touch.
To learn more about the other volunteer roles, check out the FAQ guide here: https://madisonmarathon.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/2023-Charity-FAQs.pdf
Still have questions? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
What makes a good ambassador?
- You are part of the running community, near or far
- You identify with our nonprofit mission to produce unique, fun, and inclusive events that bring people, businesses, and charities together that enhance the greater Madison community.
- You have a social following of at least 1500 people on any social media channel
- You are willing to make multiple posts to promote the Madison Marathon
- You will participate in the Madison Marathon in November (any distance)
What we offer you for your efforts:
- A 10% off registration personalized discount code to share with your circles
- $5 for each race participant that signs up using your code
- Free registration with 5 redemptions of your personal code
- Madison Marathon swag (given at packet pick-up)
- Madison Marathon ambassador pin (given at packet pick-up)
- Potential sponsor gifts
What we ask you to do to promote the Madison Marathon:
- The primary job of an ambassador is to connect your community to the Madison Marathon. Promote the race on your social media pages and tag us. We encourage you to create excitement by sharing positive, inclusive, genuine, and inspiring messages surrounding the race.
- Share a minimum of three posts prior to the race. One post must be completed at the start of your ambassadorship.
- One post after you run the race
- Add ‘@madisonmarathon24’ ambassador’ to your social bios
How to Apply:
Complete the application in its entirety. Please allow 2-4 weeks for the review of your application.
Once accepted to the program we’ll send you your personal discount code and you are set to promote Madison Marathon!
Click here for additional race details
MADISON MARATHON AMBASSADOR APPLICATION
Madison Marathon wants to support YOUR organization. It’s simple. We give your non-profit organization a code You share the code. Every person that uses the code at registration will award you $5. Tap the link below to sign-up and get your code.
Madison Festivals, Inc. enriches our community by bringing together
people, businesses, and charities.
Entering this event constitutes implied consent of each event-goer to Madison Marathon’s use of his/her image and/or likeness incidental to any photographic, digital or video use, publication, display, transmission or recording of the event.